stimulus bill contains gun control legislation??
from an email...........
Some of the highlights of the law:
* Firearms may only be owned by those possessing a valid license issued by the federal Attorney General. This license
will contain the licensee's photograph, thumb print, address, and a unique license number. Possession of a firearm without a license would constitute a federal crime.
* Firearms may only be sold by federal firearms licensees to other license holders. This would put an end to person-to-person firearm sales.
* Firearms must be stored locked in a safe. If you have children, you may not be allowed to store weapons loaded, even in a safe. Failure to comply with guidelines on storage would result in the loss of your license.
* You must purchase the license for $25, payable with your application, directly to the Attorney General. There is no time limit or "shall-issue" clause.
The Attorney General can simply ignore your request (and take your money).
* The bill is ex-post facto; this means that once the bill is passed and enacted, the laws will apply to guns you already own, as well as ones you will purchase in the future. This means that if you are a law abiding gun owner today, you will still have to get a license in order to avoid having your firearms confiscated.
* The law establishes a national database which tracks all firearms sales.This creates a national database of gun owners.
* Failing to update your address information, or otherwise notify the issuing office of your firearms license when you move, would constitute a felony.
* In addition to the current requirement for background checks with the NCIS when purchasing a firearm on an ATF form 4473, there would be an additional requirement to check with the Attorney General's office to ensure that your license was still valid.
* Possession of a firearm by a minor, being anyone under 18, even under your supervision, would become illegal.
After reading the proposed law in its entirety, you can also research the Nazi Weapons Law of 1938. They bear a striking resemblance.